Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Connector...

So I am constantly amazed at just how big our God is.

Maybe it is just me, but I have a feeling it's not. Ever so OFTEN I get these moments, where God shows me something one moment, and the next connects it too another. It's like this: I will read verse and totally not get the meaning of it at all. The next Sunday, the whole lesson is on that verse. CONNECTOR! When you do a devotion, and then Kenneth preaches on the same topic, just to say..."hey you know what I told you earlier, right on the money."

How cool that My Father, My Best Friend, My closest Friend, knows everything about the future, and becusae He loves me He decides to let me in pieces by pieces. Until it makes just one clear picture. Sometimes it takes a day or two, others a weeek, some a year, and I am sure He is doing it all the way through my life. I go back to my theory of stars, they make one huge picture. Promise they do, but we can only see one section at a time. It's like that in life, God connects each piece slowly.

I know through out these last view months, I have had certain issues that at the time seemed impossible or just incredibly stupid. Later on though, it is ONLY through that exact issue I hated, God has opened an oppruntunity to shine for His Glory and His alone. He is so soverign in ALL He does. And He does this time after time. But we miss it when, I, miss my time with Him. He can't connect our dots if we don't make the effort to have a dot to connect. (lack of a devo)

Perfect example, today and probablly yesterday I had just been struggling through some thoughts and meditating on what God wanted or was doing. And to be honest felt lonely with this issue, like no one would really get it. Got a phone call and my best friend was going through the same thing. Like exactly. To the tee. (ps college decisions stink for planner girls) So I say all this to say. God is totally in control and knows exactly what He is doing. I thank Him for making Himself even cooler by showing us these truths when we ask. ASK HIM! He gives "generously" to those who ask. James 1:5..."without finding fault." I have tons of faults, but like Francis said so clearly...He loves me, so He just wants our honesty and obediance. He WILL do the rest, cuz trust me...He IS able!



PS...cookies (or brownies) for the person to name why I chose a butterfly for the picture.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because God "connects the dots" for you...and gives us new life (represented by a butterfly).

That's my guess, anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

I really like Amelia's answer. God "connects the dots" for us. But so I don't steal her answer, I'll take a stab at this too. -- We are a new creation in Christ (II Corinth. 5:17). Like a caterpillar turns into a new creation: a butterfly.

Whether it is right or not, brownies, cookies, or both are appreciated. Anytime.

Chelsea said...

actually adam you are close. right scripture, right text....so close but not dead on??

Anonymous said...

are you serious? if i'm that close, why not get brownies and cookies anyway?

this is what will happen next: someone else will come along and go off of my thoughts and get credit for it. which is cool and all. no problem. except they would get the brownies and cookies, and not me!

we need some justice in this!

Jordan said...

from caterpillar to butterfly--like francis chan said NEW CREATION! and i know im right!i like MnM cookies please...


actually i said the same thing as adam..but i knew that...why exactly is it wrong? that is what we talked about the other day!

Chelsea said...

Fran Chan was what I was looking for. Your right....just one of the many connect the dots.

Chelsea said...

oh and ps...

if I make them for jordan, adam you will probablly be there...so you win either way!