Monday, March 3, 2008

Creator...

So it's taken me some time to sit down and write for various reasons, but one topic has not left my mind since Passion last weekend. I have constantly been reminded of the lessons I learned in DC. One thing I loved was Louis talking about the stars. Anyone who gets to know me knows that I love stars, moon, sun, etc. Kinda funny how all my life, I have loved these things ever since I was little. I think the main reason that I have loved them is because of jsut how huge they are in comparison with who I am. I constantly have thought wow! I have heard all my life how creation groans and screams in retrospect of its Creator. Until last weekend, this didn't sink in. They are screaming, "HUGE GOD!" "BIG CREATOR!" "HUGE GOD!"

As I was driving back from Elizabethtown this weekend, the sky was perfectly clear. I saw all these stars and all I could think was "HUGE GOD!" "AWESOME CREATOR!" The amazing part to me is that that same Creator, 1-created me. But even better - He loved me. That in and of itself I have heard my entire life. But to meditate on that thought like Francis talked about was just unbelieveably life changing. That I, Chelsea Ball, am loved by GOD. Hello, that's tight. And when I truly grasp that I am changed in more than one area.

One quote that FINALLY helped me grasp the love of God was, "God created the world, then God stepped down into His creation to redeem what we had messed up so that we could glorify God.''

Wrap your mind around that. God created, then stepped into His creation. He came to us to redeem our screw ups. HI! THAT'S cool. But then we get the chance to love Him back. He had every right to make us slaves, but instead He made us free. Wow!

I know I rambled, but hey that's just a sneak peak of some of the truths I got from Passion that hadn't been touched on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that quote as well. It's stuck with me quite a bit. Those are some great truths you mention.

You oughta check out Louie Giglio's message called "Indescribable". It will blow your mind, I heard it at Passion '06. I would try to explain it but I wouldn't do it justice.

https://www.268store.com/268store.html

aimeenky said...

Doesn't sound like rambling to me. It's so awesome to see you figuring out these things and challenging all of us to see them the same way. I have always loved the moon, stars, etc. too, basically anything that screams Huge God...mountains in Colorado, roaring rivers, tall trees in California, obviously the oceans and even the Great Lakes...small me, Huge God :)

Anonymous said...

good post...i like that no happy times were mentioned.. haha im just playing

thanks for reminding me about that. it is very true!

Love yoU!